Smoking Hot 420 Tips

Happy 42o – Don’t let your future go up in smoke!

 

Try rolling these tips into action…

 

Write Your Goals: 
According to a Harvard MBA goal study, 84% of one of their classes had not set goals, 13% had written goals but no concrete plans, and 3% had goals and plans. 10 years later, the 13% with written goals were making 2x as much money as the 84% of the class with no goals. And, the 3% with written goals and a plan were making 10x as much as the other 97% of the class. If it isn’t already, your goal should be to set goals…

Network:
Create a LinkedIn page and have a few friends/coworkers review it. Ensure your picture is professional. Then, start connecting and messaging professionals in companies and positions which you want to learn more about. It’s called “Informational Interviewing” …and LinkedIn has 450 MILLION+ users; we all have so much to learn from others!

Intro Message: “Hello Sir/Ma’am, if it’s not too much to ask, it’d be great to learn about your experience in X industry. You’ve walked in the footsteps that I wish to walk in on my career path, and I’m really interested in hearing about your story. Thank you for your time and consideration.”

Track Spending:
Try something new… cash envelop system, new phone app, etc. And, if you’re having trouble staying with your budgeting routine, then get a buddy and hold eachother accountable.

Find Your Purpose:
We all have jobs, but what is your lacking? NYdailynews research results show that 70% of us are unhappy at work. When is the last time you set your alarm early and were motivated to succeed at work? When is the last time you found a mentor at work, or mentored someone else? Life is what we make of it! Re-engage with your family, job, relationships, etc.

Volunteer:
Consider setting up a volunteer event for your workplace to get your coworkers together outside of the office. Search organizations that have a mission which you believe in; we are very fortunate and there are millions of people that could use a helping hand.

Pick Up A New Hobby:
Try learning a language, get in better shape, read a few books, continue your education, find a mentor/be a mentor, watch YouTube motivational videos, learn an instrument… It’s up to you to make YOUR world yours.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

19 − seven =

− 6 = 2