- When is the last time you sanitized your Facebook or Twitter?
- When is the last time you updated your LinkedIn page?
- When is the last time you updated your resume?
You’re a smart, fuckable dude/dudette. So, get your other life together. I’m talking social media, LinkedIn, and resume. With these updated tools in your toolbox, you can effectively network and be up-to-date with the times.
- Gym time? DUH
- Cooking meals like a chef? Fuck ya
- Watching Netflix? How else would I survive?!
Add some real life shit to this list and be a boss. And remember these sexy tips for your current job and future jobs…
- Perception is EVERYTHING: show up early, dress 1 step above your peers, meet deadlines
- Have a plan A, B, and C
- Resumes should go ~10 years back, 2 pages is ideal
- Prepare and practice your 30 second elevator pitch
- If career switching, determine your non-negotiables (40 hour work week, salary, location, travel…)
- Definitely include a cover letter when applying to jobs (cover letters show how YOU connect to the company)
- Things you negotiate salary around: skills, education, and experience
The reason for all of this preparation is because the REALITY is that professionals in today’s world tend to move jobs every 3 years. Isn’t it time for you to be at your best?